App Review: KIK MessengerJuly 5, 2011 No Comments
We wrote about the KIK Messenger app coming to Windows Phone months ago. It took awhile for the app to launch on the WP7 marketplace but it is finally here. What’s KIK you ask? Well, it’s the equivalent ofÂ BBM (blackberry messenger) except that it isn’t confined to just one platform. Just about anyone can download the free app and socialize.
How good is KIK on Windows Phone? It is really good actually. It is lightning fast and the Live Tile / notifications work instantly. As soon as a message is sent you get a notification and your live tile updates. Send a message and the icons KIK has set up let you know if the person has read the message or even if they are typing at the moment. Other features include sending pictures and adding a group of people to one conversation. You can even make yourself an icon and to display next to your name.
I only have 2 issues with this app (which may or may not be their fault)
- As awesome as this service is, most of your friends and family may not be on it. You are left with sending invitations to people. The app itself doesn’t have a way to scan your contacts.
- The success rate of the notifications and live tile working is 50/50 for right now. Mine works perfectly, but some are reporting that their app isn’t notifying them of any new messages.
With having to wait for the IM capabilities of the Mango update and IM+ getting a thumbs down in our review. Every Windows Phone user should run for cover under the KIK umbrella. This is a solid messaging app that works amazingly well. It is also by far the best option we have on the Windows Phone (for now).
Â It’s fast, dependable and absolutely free.
Kik Messenger is the totally free, crazy-fast, cross-platform messenger app that connects you to your friends in real-time. Use Kik to chat, share pictures privately, plan outings with groups, and stay connected to the people who matter most to you.
Youâ€™re going to fall in love with Kik Messenger and hereâ€™s why:
- Hands-down the fastest, most life-like chat experience for your smartphone
- Instant notifications show you when a message is Sent, Delivered, Read
- Picture Sharing â€“ privately share moments as they happen or from your gallery
- Group Chat â€“ create groups on the go simply by adding friends to conversations
- Completely free â€“ no messaging fees and no ads
- Beautiful look and feel, offline messages, push notifications, and more!
Give Kik a try today and see what youâ€™ve been missing out on!
HOW DOES KIK MESSENGER COMPARE TO ALTERNATIVES?
Well, compared to SMS (texting, text messaging), Kik Messenger is freer and faster â€“ itâ€™s like having a real conversation with someone. In our humble opinion, we also think Kik Messenger is faster and more life-like than any other messaging app out there too. Why not see for yourself?
WHAT DOES THE PRESS THINK OF KIK MESSENGER?
â€œIts speed is what sets it apart from competitors..â€ â€“ TechCrunch
â€œKik gives text conversations a much more real-time feel.â€ â€“ VentureBeat
â€œNo wonder more than 2 million people downloaded itâ€¦â€ â€“ Mashable
WE LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! GET IN TOUCH WITH US HERE: