Skydrive Gets Major Update: File Management, HTML5 & MoreNovember 29, 2011 No Comments
Skydrive has recieved a HUGE update today as it now includes a more powerful file management system, HTML5, new sharing options and much much more.
New Powerful File Management & Sharing
- Share via email. Enter any name from your address book, including contacts from LinkedIn, Facebook and Gmail. (If you want to import the email addresses of your Facebook contacts, first connect Facebook to Windows Live and then go to http://profile.live.com/connect and click the Facebook logo.) Since SkyDrive now uses your email address to send a sharing invitation, it reaches your friendâ€™s inbox, not their spam folder. And when you select â€œRecipients can edit,â€ you can now collaborate with anyone, even if you donâ€™t know their Live ID in advance.
- Post to your networks. SkyDrive connects to many different networks, such as Facebook and LinkedIn, so that you can upload your photos and documents once and share with friends across networks.
- Get a link. For many people, the easiest way to share is to grab a URL and send it to yourself, or paste it into another browser. Now, you can choose a View only link when youâ€™re sharing something private, a View and Edit link when you want to allow the recipient to edit an item, and a Public link when you want to share something with anybody who can access the Internet.
- Create folders inline.
- Rename a folder inline (or by hitting the F2 key).
- Move, delete, and download multiple files in bulk.
- Move and copy very easily with an inline pop-over dialog.
- Use right-click functionality on documents and photos to take action right away.
- Create an Office document quickly. When you click one of the Office document icons, all you have to do is name the document, and then you can immediately launch into the Office Web Apps.
HTML5 uploads, picture improvements and more are now available on the new Skydrive. To get a full detailed description of all the new features, head over to the Windows Team Blog.