Office 365 Updated: Adds 22 Additional Markets – New FeaturesNovember 29, 2011 No Comments
With Lync’s impending arrival to the Windows Phone Marketplace, Microsoft has announced an update to Office 365. Not only does this update include new features but it introduces Office 365 to 22 additional markets.
New Markets: Argentina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Egypt, Estonia, Iceland, Indonesia, Kuwait, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Malta, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Taiwan, Turkey, Ukraine and UAE
A huge number of new features and fixes were announced as well and can all be found here. The highlights to that list are
- Support for SharePoint Business Connectivity Services- Businesses can now connect critical line-of-business applications, such as CRM or SAP software, in a familiar SharePoint interface.
- Windows Phone 7.5 Support- End users can access and update documents in SharePoint Online from anywhere using their Windows Phone.
- Self-Serve Password Reset – IT Admins gain easier security resets with our a Password Reset Tool.
- Lync for Mac- Mac users continue to gain features including full Lync client for instant messaging chats, and presence information in Office applications.Â They can now also host voice and video conferences with just like their PC based counterparts.
- Office Web App Preview in Outlook Web Access (OWA) â€“ Users can now display Office document attachments in Outlook Web Access for easier on the go edit and review
Combined with this announcement on the Office 365 blog is also a few examples of big companies taking advantage of what Office 365 has to offer likeÂ Â leading fashion magazine Group Marie-Claire and the Global brand Campbell Soup Company.
Source: Office 365Tags: business, Documents, Excel, lync, Microsoft, MicrosoftÂ® Lync, Office 365, Windows Phone, windows phone 7, Word, work, WP7News