Mango Apps: WNM Live Will Get a Huge Update Today – (VOIP) – ReviewOctober 27, 2011 No Comments
We here at WP7 Connect have been using the Who’s Near Me app for what feels like ages. It was for a long time the only good way to stay social on Windows Phone (Except for Facebook and Twitter of course). Through all the motions, the app has been updated plenty of times and has even changed its name o just WNM Live. Most recent being that the developers ‘SynergeTech Solutions, Inc’ had updated WNM Live to Mango not long ago.
This time around, I am very excited to announce that WNM Live has just gotten another update which will go live soetime today that has even surpassed the Mango update. Many new features have been introduced like:
- Double-sided Live Tiles â€“ User Live Tiles will contain to show the number of new messages on the front of the tile, however, the tile will now flip around to show their latest profile photo.
- Deep Toast Notifications â€“ New message and updated post toast notifications will now navigate directly to the corresponding conversation or Live Stream posting when tapped.
- Fast Application Switching
- Redesigned UI â€“ The UI has been architected to take advantage of the improvements to touch manipulations made in Windows Phone 7.5 â€“ resulting in huge improvements in performance, especially in dealing with lists.
The live tile works perfectly for the most part in showing you when you have messages on WNM Live. The really cool thing about it is that it flips over to show you your actual profile which helps to liven up your start screen even further. Deep Toast Notifications has also come into play and the UI has gotten a few changes itself.
The bigger news though is that the update also bring Voice over IP (VOIP) calling via WiFi. Users can now call other users of the mobile applications or the wnmlive.com website on their PC or Mac without using their minutes. VOIP isnt new but it is a great feature that is upgraded to amazing since it is connected to an already growing online community.
- Wi-Fi Voice Calls (VOIP) â€“ WNM Live will now allow users to make free voice calls to other users using their data plan or, preferably (for now), a Wi-Fi connection.Â Users will be able to call any other user that has the latest version of WNM Live on their mobile device or that is logged into the WNMLive.com website from their PC or Mac.
I have been playing with the app in private beta for a few days now and I am very impressed with what has been made out of the WNM Live app. It is by far the most stable I have ever seen the application and the new features that have been added to the already featured filled app makes it a must download for any Windows Phone user that is looking to find new people.
The only downside actually comes with something that is actually a good thing but works as a double edged sword. All these features are only available online at wnmlive.com or Windows Phone Mango. Tons of users are still on Windows Mobile 6x so sometimes you cannot interact the way you would want to with a specific person because they just do not have the features themselves. This is something minor though and inevitable if we want the latest and greatest features.
I strongly suggest the WNM Live app if you own a Windows Phone and are looking to get a bit extra social on your device.
You can download the free social app below – the latest update though wont go live till later today
Looking for a tennis partner? Traveling on business in a foreign country? Just got out of a relationship? Want more friends? Bored? â€¦ Then check out WNM Live!
WNM Live shows you local people that you donâ€™t already know, and lets you connect with them instantly, in real-time, right from your Windows Phone 7 device. With over 330,000 users already in the WNM Live network, you are bound to meet some new friends living near you.
WNM Live enables you to text and picture message with strangers around you in real-time, for free. You can chat privately or jump into the Live Stream â€“ a public, local-centric mix between Facebookâ€™s News Feed and Twitterâ€™s Timeline. Download this free app today and begin browsing user profiles and photos to find someone near you for friendship, romance, or networking. Oh, and did we mention that this app was awarded 2nd place in Microsoftâ€™s Windows Phone 7 App Challenge Contest?
Learn more about WNM Live here: fb.com/WhosNearMe â€“ twitter.com/WhosNearMe
You can also login to your WNM Live account from wnmlive.com!