Developer: Microsoft & Nokia Make Coding From Symbian to Windows Phone EasierSeptember 21, 2011 No Comments
Microsoft & Nokia are working hard to get Symbian developers up and running on Windows Phone. Just like the iPhone and Android developer tools Microsoft handed out months ago, these tools are packed with information on helping you move over and develop on Windows Phone.
below is the information provided by Microsoft’s Windows Phone Blog
This helpful package contains the following tools and documentation to help you along the path to learning Windows Phone development:
- The â€œWindows Phone Guide for Symbian Qt Application Developersâ€
- The addition of Symbian Qt to the Windows Phone API mapping tool
- The â€œNokia Windows Phone Trainingâ€ roadshow
The â€œWindows Phone Guide for Symbian Qt Application Developersâ€ white paper is about 100 pages organized in 8 chapters.
- Chapter 1: Introducing Windows Phone Platform to Symbian^3 Qt Application Developers
- Chapter 2: Windows Phone Application Design Guidelines
- Chapter 3: Windows Phone Developer and Designer Tools
- Chapter 4: C# programming
- Chapter 5: Introducing Windows Phone Application Life Cycle
- Chapter 6: Porting Applications to Windows Phone
- Chapter 7: Windows Phone Example Applications
- Chapter 8: Using the API Mapping Tool
The white paper is available in different formats (HTML, DOCX & PDF)
The addition of Symbian Qt to the Windows Phone API mapping tool is another perk we wanted to deliver in order to speed up the learning curve to Windows Phone. For this first iteration of the mapping, weâ€™ve focused on the core libraries for Qt 4.7 for Symbian (QtCore, QtGui, QtLocation, QtNetwork, QtSensors, QtSql, QtXml, QtWebKit, QML Elements, QML Components ). We invite you to offer up ideas about what additional mapping you feel would make sense and would like to see included in the tool.
Can’t wait to see what kind of great appsÂ we willÂ be getting from the amnyÂ amazing Symbian developers!