Yammer App Coming to Windows Phone Soon (Enterprise Social Networking)July 13, 2011 No Comments
At the 2011 MicrosoftÂ Worldwide Partner Conference,Â Yammer known for enterprise social networking announced that a Yammer app is coming to Windows Phone 7 as a free download later this quarter. They also made clear that the app has been built from the ground up for Windows Phone and it will be compatible with the Mango update.
Key New Features:
- Threaded Conversations – Post, reply and like messages. Easily follow conversations with replies displayed underneath the original message.
- Multi-Feed Access - Quickly navigate between My Feed, Group Feeds and Company Feed to find relevant conversations.
- Multi-Network Access - Switch between various internal and external networks.
- Member Directory and Profiles - Find updates, links and files posted by a specific colleague in addition to contact information.
- Private Messages - Communicate privately with one or more colleagues.
- Live Tile Integration – Receive real-time notifications from Yammer about new conversations and messages on your Windows Phone Start screen, all without opening the application.
“Windows Phone offers software developers a best in class operating system and developer tools, and Yammer is a great example of the new wave of business apps partners are creating with these new capabilities,” said Paul Bryan, senior director of product management in Microsoft’s Windows Phone Division. “We’re excited to see new cutting-edge business apps, like Yammer, join our growing app ecosystem and pleased to offer a way to help grow their business with Windows Phone Marketplace.”
“Millions of Windows Phone users will be able to access Yammer to connect with their colleagues and collaborate on the go,” said David Sacks, founder and CEO, Yammer. “Many of our large enterprise customers rely on Microsoft technology to run their businesses. As we rapidly advance Yammer’s enterprise social networking capabilities, we will continue to partner closely with Microsoft to integrate core Yammer functionality into its offerings.”
About Yammer, Inc.
Yammer (www.yammer.com) is the leading provider of enterprise social networking, offering a secure way for employees to communicate, collaborate, and share information. The basic version of Yammer is free, and customers can pay to upgrade their network to receive additional administrative and security controls, priority customer service and a dedicated customer success manager. More than 80 percent of the Fortune 500 are using our award-winning Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solution to improve employee productivity and engagement. Visit our blog to see how our customers are benefiting from Yammer.
Tags: business, Company, Enterprise Social Networking, Microsoft, social, Windows Phone, windows phone 7, WP7, WPC 2011, YammerApps