Get the WP7 Mango Update Without Being a Registered DeveloperJune 30, 2011 1 Comment
One day in and already there is a way to get Mango without being a registered developer. WPsauce has posted a how to on getting the delicious Mango on your device without being a developer on Microsoft’s AppHub. Please do this at your own risk as we aren’t even going to attempt the following:
- Use your Zune backup to revert back to Pre NoDo (7004 or 7008)
- Use ChevronWP7 to unlock your device
- Download and install the official Mango update tools
We will not be linking to the hacked ROM or anything like that here but I am sure you guys will find it some where on the world wide web. Here are some of the details though as to what the package entails.
- Zune 4.8: A pre-release version of our beloved Zune client, used to sync Mango beta devices and do the actual job of updating a device to Mango beta.
- Setup-UpdateWP.exe: ROM flashing tool of some kind.
- MangoB2-DevRetailUpdate.exe: The file that checks if your phone is developer-unlocked. If so, it proceeds to making a full back up of your phone, and configures it to receive Mango update through Zune 4.8.
- Update_Instruction_Mango_Beta_2_for_WPDevs.pdf: The name is quite self-explaining.
You can get all the details at WPsauce
Remember this will VOID your warrÂ if your phone gets bricked