Seymour App: Your Own Personal ConciergeMarch 3, 2011 No Comments
There is an interesting new app in the Marketplace called Seymour. Seymour is an app powered by a company called Clever Sense that acts as your own personal concierge. You select from lists of categories what you are looking for in a dining experience and Seymour helps to find you options to fit your criteria.
This is definitely a useful app as indeciseiveness can hinder a night out. With Seymour you don’t have to worry about the daunting taks of figuring out where to go. The Seymour app also makes foodÂ recommendations for each restaurant listed. In addition it has a rating system so that you can input places you either wouldn’t want to visit or didn’t like, in orderÂ to help eliminate them from any options Seymour might give you. The more information you input the better the application should become at figuring out your tastes so that you are making the most of your dining experiences.
Granted this application isn’t perfect. It finds some locations in your area but not all. I understand that it’s a difficult task to include every restaurant and I know given time this will improve dramatically. I do wish though that it did other things besides give you dining options. A concierge gives you information about almost anything in your immediate area. I would love for it to be my own yellow pages. Perhaps I am asking for too much. This app definitely has a bright future and I am eager to see what is in store when updates for it begin arriving.
Here is a list of the features of Seymour:
- Real-time Location-based personalized recommendations
- Narrow your searches by dishes served, types of cuisine, price, ambiance, neighborhood, and more!
- Find places that match your tastes by specifically asking for a place â€œsimilar toâ€¦â€
- Quickly see whatâ€™s good and whatâ€™s bad about places without reading long reviews!
- Automatically saves your interests as Taste Cards, for better and faster future recommendations
- Interact with suggestions with a thumbs up or down to help Seymour learn what you like
- Look up address, directions, and contact information for thousands of businesses
- Share your suggestions with your friends in your contacts, or save a place for later by e-mailing the details to yourself
â€¦a lot more is in the works (facebook integration, other types of content, etcâ€¦).