Microsoft’s Office Lens Is Set To Revolutionize The Way The World Scans DocumentsFebruary 22, 2014 No Comments
Microsoft is currently testing their new Office Lens trims which will allow you to enhances and make pictures of whiteboards and docs readable, then saves them to OneNote. What Microsoft is doing with Office Lens is making your bulky home scanner a thing of the past! Soon in your pocket, you will possess the ability to never miss notes on whiteboards and always be able to find important documents or business cards. Check out some key areas that Microsoft believes this will work best in:
- Capture pictures of whiteboards and share your meeting notes with co-workers.
- Make digital copies of your printed documents, business cards or posters. The text will be automatically recognized (using OCR) so you can search and edit it.
- Take pictures of menus, shopping lists, or children’s sketches so you never have to worry about forgetting or misplacing them.Don’t lose receipts or stray sticky notes again!
- With Whiteboard mode, Office Lens trims and cleans up glares and shadows.
- With Document mode, Office Lens trims and colors them perfectly.
- Save pictures not only to your camera roll, but directly into OneNote. You can see the images across all your devices.
While the internal beta app has just appeared online, it is yet to be available to all on the outside. The lens is said to be added in the upcoming Windows Phone 8.1 update coming soon. Stay tuned fir more details concerning this awesome extinction to the Office family.
Source: Windows Phone Store