Nokia Begins Lumia “Black” Out, Available First On The Lumia 925 & 1020January 9, 2014 1 Comment
Now available firstly to those with Nokia Lumia 925 and Nokia Lumia 1020 devices and coming in the latter weeks for everyone else, is the Nokia exclusive update titled Black, paired along with Microsoft’s GDR3 update. GDR3 we know all about and while Microsoft is doing a pretty decent job keeping the OS fresh, its been Nokia’s relentless and tireless effort to see the OS evolve that made them go the extra mile in releasing “Black”. So what does the new update have to offer? I thought you’d never ask. Check it out below!
- App Folder. A new Start screen feature for grouping similar apps and settings, making it easier to personalize and organize your phone
- Nokia Glance screen 2.0. Saves you time and taps by keeping important notifications—phone, text, email, calendar, and notifications from apps like Twitter and Facebook—visible at a glance.
- Bluetooth LE. Is coming to the entire Windows Phone 8 Lumia range—big news for fans of the Adidas MiCoach Smart Run watch and other Bluetooth LE compatible gadgets.
- Nokia Refocus. This magical imaging app lets you capture first and re-focus later, creating sharable interactive photos that have to be seen to be believed. (Requires 1GB RAM or more.)
- Nokia Beamer. Beam documents, presentations, and whatever else you like to any HTML5-enabled screen by scanning a QR code. (Requires 1GB RAM or more.)
- Nokia Storyteller. Already available on the Lumia 1520 and 2520, the Storyteller app arranges your photos by date and place, and then locates them on an interactive map, to create stories from your snapshots.
- Nokia Camera. Combines two of Nokia’s most lauded photography apps—Pro Camera and Smart Camera—into one powerful and easy-to-use package. Already available on Lumia PureView smartphones, the Black update brings it to the rest of Nokia’s Windows Phone 8 lineup.
Check out the Lumia Black software update for your Windows Phone 8 Lumia smartphone here: Nokia Black