Nokia Updates Beta Chat App | Now Faster With Added FeaturesNovember 26, 2013 1 Comment
Nokia has updated there Nokia Chat Beta app powered by Yahoo! Messenger. Nokia has squashed a few bugs and added new features like offline mode.
Changelog: Beta v1.3 now available (November 25, 2013)
The Nokia Chat 1.3 beta release includes a number of bug fixes and following enhancements!
- Faster Startup – When you start Nokia Chat from a pinned tile or the app list, you’ll immediately see your contacts list and have access to past messages, while we simultaneously update both in the background after a network connection has been established. Previously, you had to wait for these updates to complete before being able to use Chat.
- Improved Performance and Responsiveness – Your contacts list and conversation threads will now load faster, and scrolling through both will be much quicker.
- Offline Mode – Starting Nokia Chat without a data connection? No problem! With our new offline mode, you’ll be able to read past messages and see a cached copy of your contacts list. If your data connection returns while you’re inside Chat, simply tap the connect button: we’ll re-enable message sending, retrieve new messages, and update your contacts list.
- Person to Person Messaging: Reach millions of Nokia Chat and Yahoo! Messenger users across different mobile and computer platforms.
- Push Notifications and Live Tile Updates: Receive new message notifications, preview new messages, and see how many notifications you’ve received – even when Nokia Chat isn’t running.
- Share a Place: Send information about a restaurant, store, or other point of interest. If the recipient is also using a Lumia, they’ll see details, directions, and reviews inside the HERE Maps app.
- Broadcast Your Location: Optionally include your city or neighborhood in your status message, so your friends and family know when you’re near or faraway.
- Find Contacts: Scan your phone’s address book to find friends and family who already use Nokia Chat and Yahoo! Messenger.
Using a Nokia Lumia with Windows Phone 8?
Take advantage of these additional features:
- Speak Your Message: Compose a message by pressing speak, and what you say will be translated into text.
- Voice Commands: Start Nokia Chat by long-pressing the Windows key and saying “Chat with” and the name of an existing contact: for example, “Chat with John”.
- Lock Screen Notifications: See how many Nokia Chat notifications you have on your lock screen. Start the built-in Settings app and select “lock screen” to begin.
Free to Download ( Windows Phone 8 )
Message your friends, family, and millions of other Nokia Chat and Yahoo! Messenger users. It’s simple, and works using Wi-Fi or mobile data.
Connect with Nokia Chat friends who use Lumia, Asha, S40, and Symbian devices, and those using Yahoo! Messenger on other mobile devices and platforms. Our cross-platform support lets you reach millions of people across a wide range of mobile devices and computers!Tags: Nokia Chat, Nokia Chat BetaApps