Microsoft Announces Unified Registration Experience for Windows Store + Windows Phone Dev’s – ($19)November 6, 2013 No Comments
Just a few hours ago, we posted a rumor about Microsoft merging the Windows Phone Store and Windows Store experience for developers. Well it has already begun as Microsoft just announced that they are “unified registration experience for both Windows Store and Windows Phone developers”.
I’m pleased to announce a unified registration experience for both Windows Store and Windows Phone developers, available at a lower cost. As a result of these changes, Windows Store developers are now also Windows Phone developers, and Windows Phone developers are also Windows Store developers. Welcome all!
Here’s what you can expect:
- Registered Windows Store developers can now submit apps to the Windows Phone Store, using the same Microsoft account.
- Registered Windows Phone developers can now submit apps to the Windows Store at no additional cost, using the same Microsoft account.
- New developers can register and existing developers can renew their account using the same Microsoft account. Developers will enter registration information just once and pay a single lower price of $19 for an Individual and $99 for a Company account, providing access to publish
apps for both Windows and Windows Phone users.
- Developers already registered with both Windows Store and Windows Phone using the same Microsoft account will receive a code via email this month, valid for a free one-year renewal when their existing registration is up for renewal.
- Students continue to be supported through the DreamSpark program.
You will continue to use the separate Windows Store and Windows Phone Dev Center Dashboards to submit and manage your apps. You can expect some differences in the steps you take to renew your account. The most notable for some of our Windows Phone developers is the addition of a credit card to validate all new account and renewals. You can read more about today’s changes on the Windows and Windows PhoneDev Centers.
Publish your app for both Windows Store and Windows Phone and earn prizes
You can read more about it here