Lync 2013 Updated With New FeaturesOctober 8, 2013 No Comments
Microsoft has updated their Lync 2013 app to add the following features.
What’s new in version 5.2:
- Join a meeting even if you don’t have a Lync account
- View more information about meeting participants
- Support for certification and passive authentication
- Pin a contact to your home screen for quick communication
- Easily start a conversation with a group
- Microsoft Customer Experience Improvement Program support
- View colleagues’ availability in real time and select the best way to communicate – initiating an instant message (IM), email, voice or video call.
- Connect to Lync Meetings with a single touch, without requiring long numeric passcodes or conference numbers.
- Forward or simultaneously ring calls to your Enterprise Voice (Lync ID) number so you’ll never miss a call.
- Lync 2013 for Windows Phone provides transport layer security (TLS) and perimeter/internal network protection without requiring a VPN, so your communications experience is safer no matter where you are or what network you use.
Free to Download
App Info: You need to have a Lync account already to use this app. Also, some functionality might require an update to Lync Server or might not be available to all users. If you’re not sure about your account status, please contact your IT department.
Lync 2013 for Windows Phone extends the power of Lync to your mobile device – including voice & video over wireless, rich presence, instant messaging, conferencing, and calling features from a single, easy-to-use interface.