Final Nail in Zune’s Coffin – No More TV, Movie, And Music Content AvailableAugust 19, 2013 No Comments
Microsoft has now put the last nail in Zune’s coffin as it will not allow anymore TV, Music and Movie rentals and/or purchases on the now retired service. Old Zune passes however will still be honored.
- What’s changing with Zune Marketplace?
Starting as early as August 22nd Microsoft Points will be retired. As a result you will no longer be able to rent or buy TV, movie, or music content on Zune Marketplace. We encourage you to spend your points balance prior to this change.
- Will I still be able to use Zune to enjoy the music, movies, and TV shows in my personal collection?
Yes, you will still be able to stream unlimited music with your Xbox Music Pass and enjoy playback of the music, movies, and TV shows in your personal collection.
- Where will I be able to rent or purchase movies and TV shows?
You will be able to rent or purchase movies and TV shows through Xbox Video on Xbox 360 and Windows 8 PCs and tablets. Starting later this year you will be able to access Xbox Video on Xbox One, Windows Phone 8, and any web browser.
- Where will I be able to purchase Music?
You will be able to purchase music through the Xbox Music app on Windows 8 PCs and tablets or through the marketplace on your Windows Phone. You can also sign up for an Xbox Music Pass to get unlimited music streaming and downloads on your PC, tablet, phone, and Xbox 360. You can also enjoy unlimited streaming with an Xbox Music Pass through the Xbox Music web app.
- I’m on the original Zune Music Pass that allows me to download 10 songs per month. Will I still be able to redeem my song credits in the Zune Marketplace?
Yes. There will be no impact to your original Zune Music Pass or your ability to redeem your 10 monthly song credits.
- Will I still be able to use my Microsoft Points to make purchases on Zune?
No, once Microsoft Points are retired you will not be able to use them to make purchases on the Zune Marketplace. For further questions about your Microsoft Points please contact customer support.