Tether-X: Carrier Free Internet Sharing on Windows Phone?July 2, 2013 2 Comments
An app called Tether-X has surfaced on the Windows Phone Store recently. The app is for Windows Phone 8 users and claims to bypass carrier billing while allowing for free internet sharing via your phone.
This is tough to test until you get that bill at the end of the month but the app is free.
Free to Download
App Info: Tether-X helps you turn your phone into a Wi-Fi hotspot. By configuring a few settings in your computer, you can take advantage of the big screen to do anything you want on the web using your phone’s data plan. You can also use applications that utilize the web on your computer that are not available on the phone.
You need to have a regular wireless network or setup a wireless adhoc network between your computer and your phone. Then you need set your browser’s proxy to the proxy that Tether-X provides to you.
1) Setup adhoc network on your computer if you don’t have a regular wireless network. More info: http://bit.ly/setupwireless
2) Connect to adhoc network that you have created or the regular wireless network from your phone
3) Launch the Tether-X app and tap ‘start proxy engine’
4) Set your browser’s proxy to the proxy address that Tether-X provides you. More info: http://bit.ly/setupproxy
5) Enjoy you internet on your computer via phone
6) Good luck!
Note: We don’t store or share your location information. Location tracking is required to be able to run the app on the background…Tags: Internet Sharing, Tether-X, TetheringApps