Halo: Spartan Assault | More Details and Videos Emerge (Windows Phone + Windows 8)June 4, 2013 2 Comments
Earlier this morning, Microsoft made the great and long overdue announcement that Halo was finally coming to Windows Phone via a trailer. Our readers know how big of a Halo fan I am and how I declared that the Halo franchise would give the Windows Phone platform a much needed boost.
Well, a new game to the franchise is almost here and it has been dubbed ‘Halo: Spartan Assault’ It is scheduled to launch sometime in July with an expected price tag of $6.99.
The game will not be like what you are used to however as it just boasts a single player mode and it isnt a first person shooter. The game is a top down shooter and it takes place between Halo 3 and Halo 4 in the Halo universe.
Halo: Spartan Assault includes 25 missions where you play either Commander Palmer or Spartan Davis on the UNSC Infinity. The game also features asynchronous gameplay like one of our favorite games, Skulls of the Shogun. You can pause the game on either Windows 8 and/or on your Windows Phone 8 device and continue the game on the other.
Halo: Spartan Assault also ties in to Halo 4 as playing Spartan Assault will earn you experience points and you get to unlock achievements and emblems on Halo 4. Since the game is 100% exclusive to both Windows platforms, this will generate a buzz around the Halo community and will most likely convert more than a few dedicated Halo players to a Windows 8 tablet or a Windows Phone.
- Original “Halo” gameplay. An action-packed, single-player campaign spanning 25 missions in battles never before experienced in the Halo Universe, all played from a top-down camera view
- New and immersive storyline. An original story set between the events of “Halo 3″ and “Halo 4,” experience a new war with the Covenant, the first missions of the Spartan Ops program and the rise of Commander Sarah Palmer, all with best-in-class graphics and audio
- Built for simplicity. A unique fusion of touch and console-like controls for easy pick-up-and-play gaming, with the added flexibility of keyboard and mouse controls on Windows 8 PCs and tablets
- Integration with “Halo 4.” Earn experience points (XP), all-new Achievements, and unlock emblems for your “Halo 4″ Spartan career, with additional integration features available after launch
- Nonstop competitive fun. Compete against friends in Leaderboards or hone your skills against an onslaught of Weekly Challenges while collecting more than 40 in-game Achievements and Medals
- In-app purchases. Grind to earn upgrades or speed up your training by purchasing credits for boosts, unique weapons or armor abilities
- Only on Windows. Available only on Windows 8 PCs and tablets and Windows Phone 8 devices.
Apparently, the game is being marketed as being exclusive to Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 but it should also be playable on Windows RT. Even on the Windows Blog, they don’t mention Windows RT but tagged it on the post.
Again, the game is set to launch in July for $6.99 on Windows 8, Windows Phone 8 (+ Windows RT). This is set to be HUGE for both platforms and we will have more when it is available. You can check out its official website for more images and pictures.