Skype For Windows 8/RT Gets Enhanced HD Video SupportJune 3, 2013 1 Comment
Enhanced HD Video Support
We’ve added support for HD video in select scenarios. Depending on the sender’s camera, available network bandwidth and the receiver’s setup on x86 devices, callers may be able to send 720p video and receive 1080p video, thereby improving the overall quality and performance of the video call.
Video Messaging continues in Preview
We continue to improve video messaging and encourage you to try it. Video messaging enables you to share life moments with contacts whether they’re off or online. With this release we improved the stability of video messaging and made video messaging easier to find with improved notifications.
- Once you sign in, the app is always on without draining your device’s battery, so you can take calls any time.
- Exchange instant messages with all your Skype, Messenger and Outlook.com contacts.
- Call any phone quickly and easily from Skype.
- All Skype-to-Skype video and voice calls are free.
- Your messages are delivered straight to you no matter what you’re doing.
- Snap Skype left or right and do more while you IM, video call or keep an eye on your home screen.
- Share photos, videos and files of any size over Skype.
- Send rich video messages whether your friends are on or offline.
Download It For Windows 8
Download It for Windows Phone
Skype is the always-on app that makes staying in touch with all your contacts easier than ever.
Stay informed about what’s happening with your friends through video and voice calls and instant messaging, all from one app. So, no matter if you’re on a PC, Windows Phone, Mac, tablet, iPhone or Android device, Skype keeps you connected and alwaysTags: Skype, Windows 8, Windows RTApps, Windows 8