Windows Blue: Microsoft Details Windows 8.1 (Many New Features + Return of the Start Button)May 30, 2013 3 Comments
Windows 8 launched late last year and after some success, a beautiful refreshed and touch friendly UI, Microsoft has also seen tons of complaints. Now the free Windows 8.1 (Windows Blue) update is fast approuching and Microsoft is finally opening up about it in a ‘first look’ blog post.
Windows 8.1: First Official Details by Microsoft:
- New personalization options like placing your own background on the start screen, lockscreen slideshow feature, backgrounds with motion, new colors, new app filtering options
- New Global search on the charm bar powered by Bing
- Apps and the Windows Store: Built in apps will be updated like the photo app will come with editing tools, better multitasking with a continuous size of snap views, improved Windows Store shows more apps, automatic app updates in the background
- Cloud: You will be able to save straight to Skydrive, files available even when offline, windows profile syncs settings + apps and more.
- Settings: updated PC setting will now be available without having to go to the control panel. You can now bootup and start from the desktop or anyother app. The start button is also finally back.
- Internet Explorer 11: “IE11 will offer even better touch performance, faster page load times and several other new features we think you will enjoy”
- Better mouse and keyboard options
Starting June 26th at Build, a preview of Windows 8.1 will be released and the free and final blue update will be released later this year.
For more info, you can check out Microsoft’s blog