Microsoft Updates Youtube App to Meet Some of Google’s ConcernsMay 22, 2013 1 Comment
Not too long after Microsoft published their amazing Youtube app, Google sent Microsoft a cease and desist letter claiming that the MS Youtube app needed to be pulled from the store. Microsoft didn’t take long to reply to that stating that they would be happy to meet their concerns but MS finally needed access to Google’s API’s.
Today was the last day Google claimed Microsoft had to pull the app from the Windows Phone Store. Instead of pulling the app however, Microsoft slightly updated it to meet some of Google’s concerns.
“Microsoft updated the Windows Phone YouTube app to address the restricted video and offline video access concerns voiced by Google last week. We have been in contact with Google and continue to believe that our two companies can work together to hone an app that benefits our mutual customers, partners and content providers. We’re earning new customers every day, with IDC reporting recently that Windows Phone posted the largest year-over-year gain among leading operating systems. We look forward to working with Google to maintain a great YouTube experience for the growing number of people who rely on both of our respective products.”
- Pin any video, playlist, channel, and search queries to Live Tiles
- Manage your YouTube profile with your unique My YouTube page
- Manage your playlists, uploads, and video lists
- Find channels, videos, and playlists with the quick access search bar
- Share videos to your social networks, e-mail, and text messages
- Let your kids watch safe videos in Kid’s Corner and keep their own profile
What’s new? Lots.
- Pin videos, playlists, channels, and even search queries to Start as Live Tiles for fast access. The tile flips to show either the latest video from your subscriptions or the most popular one.
- A new and innovative playlist design gives you easy access to videos using a touch-friendly filmstrip.
- Just want to listen to a video? It now plays in the background even when the screen is locked.
- You can share videos to popular social networks, and via email and text.
Check it out!
Free to Download
Bring the world of YouTube to your Windows Phone! Log into your YouTube account, explore YouTube’s vast video catalog, browse your favorite channels, and subscribe to new channels. Share videos with your friends via your social networks, email, and text messages. Enjoy listening to your video playlist with enhanced player controls.
Pin any video, playlist, channel, and even search queries to Live Tiles. Live Tiles flip to show YouTube’s most popular videos or your subscriptions’ latest uploads. YouTube for Windows Phone is also integrated with Kid’s Corner, so you can ensure your kids are watching age-appropriate videos.Tags: Google, Microsoft, Windows Phone, youtubeApps