Google to Microsoft: Pull Youtube App Off the Windows Phone Store (cease and desist letter)May 15, 2013 1 Comment
Microsoft recently published an ‘official’ Youtube app to the Windows Phone Store for Windows Phone 8 users. Now, after years of Windows Phone neglect, Google is crying foul at the fact that the app didn’t get their stamp of approval. TheVerge just got their hands on a cease and desist letter from Google to Microsoft stating that they want the app pulled from the store by Wednesday, May 22, 2013. They also stated that they want the app taken away from everyone that already downloaded it.
Google is also complaining about the lack of their ads on the app. I don’t understand Google… for years they have basically said that the Windows Phone ecosystem too small to build an app for, so now that Microsoft built their own app, they are saying that the app is costing them too much money.
Microsoft must have known this would happen though and they pulled the trigger anyway. It will be interesting to see how this develops.
- Pin any video, playlist, channel, and search queries to Live Tiles
- Manage your YouTube profile with your unique My YouTube page
- Manage your playlists, uploads, and video lists
- Find channels, videos, and playlists with the quick access search bar
- Share videos to your social networks, e-mail, and text messages
- Let your kids watch safe videos in Kid’s Corner and keep their own profile
What’s new? Lots.
- Pin videos, playlists, channels, and even search queries to Start as Live Tiles for fast access. The tile flips to show either the latest video from your subscriptions or the most popular one.
- A new and innovative playlist design gives you easy access to videos using a touch-friendly filmstrip.
- Just want to listen to a video? It now plays in the background even when the screen is locked.
- You can share videos to popular social networks, and via email and text.
Check it out!
Free to Download
Bring the world of YouTube to your Windows Phone! Log into your YouTube account, explore YouTube’s vast video catalog, browse your favorite channels, and subscribe to new channels. Share videos with your friends via your social networks, email, and text messages. Enjoy listening to your video playlist with enhanced player controls.
Pin any video, playlist, channel, and even search queries to Live Tiles. Live Tiles flip to show YouTube’s most popular videos or your subscriptions’ latest uploads. YouTube for Windows Phone is also integrated with Kid’s Corner, so you can ensure your kids are watching age-appropriate videos.Tags: Google, Microsoft, Windows Phone, youtubeNews