Microsoft Updates Youtube App With Complete RedesignMay 7, 2013 1 Comment
Microsoft has jusrt updated their Youtube app with a complete redesign for Windows Phone 8 (Windows Phone 7.x update coming soon)
- Pin any video, playlist, channel, and search queries to Live Tiles
- Manage your YouTube profile with your unique My YouTube page
- Manage your playlists, uploads, and video lists
- Find channels, videos, and playlists with the quick access search bar
- Share videos to your social networks, e-mail, and text messages
- Let your kids watch safe videos in Kid’s Corner and keep their own profile
What’s new? Lots.
- Pin videos, playlists, channels, and even search queries to Start as Live Tiles for fast access. The tile flips to show either the latest video from your subscriptions or the most popular one.
- A new and innovative playlist design gives you easy access to videos using a touch-friendly filmstrip.
- Just want to listen to a video? It now plays in the background even when the screen is locked.
- You can share videos to popular social networks, and via email and text.
Check it out!
Free to Download
Bring the world of YouTube to your Windows Phone! Log into your YouTube account, explore YouTube’s vast video catalog, browse your favorite channels, and subscribe to new channels. Share videos with your friends via your social networks, email, and text messages. Enjoy listening to your video playlist with enhanced player controls.
Pin any video, playlist, channel, and even search queries to Live Tiles. Live Tiles flip to show YouTube’s most popular videos or your subscriptions’ latest uploads. YouTube for Windows Phone is also integrated with Kid’s Corner, so you can ensure your kids are watching age-appropriate videos.