Acer Announces New Windows Machines (Aspire R7, Aspire P3 Ultrabook)May 3, 2013 1 Comment
Acer today announced a few new Windows machines. The two that made the most noise were the Aspire R7 and the Aspire P3 Ultrabook. Check out why these new devices bring something new to the ecosystem.
- 15.6-inch notebook
- A full HD 1920 x 1080 touchscreen display.
- An Intel Core i5 processor.
- 6GB of memory.
- A 500GB hard drive and 24GB SSD.
- A full-size backlit keyboard.
- Includes an HDMI port, SD card reader, 3 USB ports, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
- Also comes with a converter port supporting VGA, RJ45 and USB.
What this does is enables this PC to do is move it’s HD display forward and into 4 different modes: “Ezel Mode”, “Notebook Mode”, “Display Mode”, and “Pad Mode”.
The Aspire R7 will be available on May 17th for the suggested retail price of $999.99 (U.S.). Consumers who place pre-orders with Best Buy between May 3rd and May 16th, 2013 will also receive a free download of Star Trek: The Video Gamefor PC as part of Acer’s marketing partnership campaign with Paramount for the upcoming film, “Star Trek Into Darkness,” opening on May 17, 2013.
Aspire P3 Ultrabook
- An 11.6-inch HD display with touch and IPS technology (wide 170-degree viewing angles).
- Available with Intel Core i3 and Core i5 processors.
- Up to 6 hours of battery life.
- Either a 60GB or 120GB SSD.
- Dolby Home Theater boosts sound for headphones as well as built-in speakers.
- USB 3.0 port and HDMI port.
- A built-in Acer Crystal Eye HD webcam in the front that can capture 720p HD, and a 5MP back camera.
- A full-sized chiclet keyboard.
- An optional stylus that fits in the case for customers who want the convenience of pen-based input.
The Acer Aspire P3 is available immediately starting at a suggested retail price of $799.99 (U.S.).
You can read more about the new devices here.