Nokia Launches Nokia Chat Beta for Windows PhoneApril 25, 2013 1 Comment
Today, Nokia’s Beta Labs have launched Nokia Chat for Windows Phone.
The first beta release of Nokia Chat for Windows Phone is available in the United States, United Kingdom, Ireland, India, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, and Nigeria. We’ll be expanding availability to more countries in the near future.
Our first beta release includes the following features:
- Person to Person Messaging: Reach millions of Nokia Chat and Yahoo! Messenger users across different mobile and computer platforms.
- Push Notifications and Live Tile Updates: Receive new message notifications, preview new messages, and see how many notifications you’ve received – even when Nokia Chat isn’t running.
- Share a Place: Send information about a restaurant, store, or other point of interest. If the recipient is also using a Lumia, they’ll see details, directions, and reviews inside the HERE Maps app.
- Broadcast Your Location: Optionally include your city or neighborhood in your status message, so your friends and family know when you’re near or faraway.
- ind Contacts: Scan your phone’s address book to find friends and family who already use Nokia Chat and Yahoo! Messenger.
Using a Nokia Lumia with Windows Phone 8?
Take advantage of these additional features:
- Speak Your Message: Compose a message by pressing speak, and what you say will be translated into text.
- Voice Commands: Start Nokia Chat by long-pressing the Windows key and saying “Chat with” and the name of an existing contact: for example, “Chat with John”.
- Lock Screen Notifications: See how many Nokia Chat notifications you have on your lock screen. Start the built-in Settings app and select “lock screen” to begin.
Free to Download ( Windows Phone 8 )
Message your friends, family, and millions of other Nokia Chat and Yahoo! Messenger users. It’s simple, and works using Wi-Fi or mobile data.
Connect with Nokia Chat friends who use Lumia, Asha, S40, and Symbian devices, and those using Yahoo! Messenger on other mobile devices and platforms. Our cross-platform support lets you reach millions of people across a wide range of mobile devices and computers!