Windows Phone Next App Star: Rudy Huyn’s Free Wikipedia AppApril 10, 2013 1 Comment
After three weeks and more than 600,000 votes, Rudy Huyn’s amazing free Wikipedia app has won Microsoft’s Windows Phone Next App Star competition.
I am a French developer, but above all a Windows Phone addict.
It all began at Mobile Word Congress 2010, I watched the keynote from Steve Ballmer where for the first time Windows Phone 7 was presented. I immediately liked the design and the possibility of doing something new, different. Since then I have developed more than 45 apps and I became a Windows Phone MVP and a Nokia Developer Champion.
I have two lives: during the day I work for my company and at night I build my own applications and if I have time, I sleep.
- WP8 support
- voice command and speech recognition
- NFC sharing
- protocol extension
All Wikipedia on your windows phone. In addition to a quick and easy access to articles, get innovative features:
- View wikipedia articles around your location
- Search in 100 languages
- Offline mode to view article without internet connection
- Display the summary of the article
- Find your favorite articles
- View previous versions of article
- Simply share a article on Facebook, Twitter, by mail or by generating a QRCode
- Support Pocket (formerly Read It Later) and Instapaper
Free to Download
All Wikipedia on your windows phone. In addition to a quick and easy access to articles