Gizmodo: Best Smartphone Camera? Lumia 920 – ‘You Can’t Beat It’February 19, 2013 2 Comments
Recently, Gizmodo took the best smartphones from each ecosystem (respectively) to see which has the best all around camera. I could of easily guessed at the answer but it is good to see the Nokia Lumia 920 Windows Phone come out on top once again.
- Winner – Nokia Lumia 920: Using only the automatic setting, it gets an accurate exposure and decent image in all shooting conditions. You can’t beat it.
- Second Place – iPhone 5 It’s not the best at any one thing, but the iPhone 5 performs reasonably well in most settings, but the flash makes photos a total mess.
- Third Place – BlackBerry Z10: The Z10′s details are beautifully sharp, which is a refreshing reminder that smartphones don’t always have to shoot the fuzzy, soft photos we’re used to. Still, the camera underperforms in terms of overall image quality—especially in low-light—compared to the field.
- Fourth Place – Galaxy SIII: Pretty impressive that the Galaxy S III’s camera holds its own, despite being nearly a year old. ‘
- Fifth Place – Nexus 4:. For being Google’s flagship Android device, the Nexus 4 is incredibly disappointing. Its camera is terrible even under optimal conditions. You have to cut corners somewhere to hit a low price point, and Google obviously skimped on the camera.
You can read the whole story and see all the sample pictures at Gizmodo