4Afrika: Microsoft and Huawei Announce New Windows Phone for AfricaFebruary 4, 2013 1 Comment
Microsoft and Huawei today have announced a new Windows Phone which has made specifically for Africa for Microsoft’s new 4Afrika Initiative.
The device Huawei 4Afrika, is a great affordable option in Africa for students, small businesses, developers, and first-time smartphone owners. It will be available in in blue, red, black, and white when it launches later this month in seven countries: Angola, Egypt, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Morocco, Nigeria, and South Africa.
- 4-inch 480 x 800 display
- dual-core 1.2 GHz Snapdragon processor
- front and rear-facing cameras
- 4GB of internal storage
- 10 millimeter-thin case
- 420 hours of standby time
- preloaded with custom apps created by African developers for African consumers
- market-specific store within the larger Windows Phone Store for downloading locally-relevant apps and content