Kindle App V2.0: Now With Windows Phone 8 Features (Crashing Issues)January 29, 2013 1 Comment
The Kindle app has been updated recently to add Windows Phone 8 support. Bad news is that you might want to wait it out as this update doesn’t mix well with the previous version. If you already updated and it is freezing, you might have to uninstall and reinstall it, in the process losing all of your bookmarks, etc.
Get the best reading experience available on your Windows Phone:
- Shop the Kindle Store for over 750,000* Kindle books, including New Releases and 107 of 111 New York Times Best Sellers. Over 550,000* of these books are $9.99 or less, including 73 New York Times Best Sellers.
- Choose from thousands of free classics, such as Pride and Prejudice or The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes.
- Get free book samples – read the first chapter free before you decide to buy.
- Customize your reading experience by choosing the background color, font size, and either portrait or landscape format.
- Personalized book recommendations on your Kindle app home screen and the ability to send a book suggestion to a friend from any book in your library without leaving the app
- Simply tap on either side of the screen or flick to turn pages.
- You can also read your Kindle books on your Kindle, Kindle DX, PC, Mac, Android phone, iPhone, iPad and BlackBerry. Our Whispersync technology syncs your last page read, notes, bookmarks, and highlights across devices, so you can pick up where you left off.
- Selection and price of books in the Kindle Store may vary by country.
Free to Download
Read eBooks on your Windows Phone 8, including thousands of free Kindle books.
The Kindle reading app puts over a million* eBooks at your fingertips—and you don’t need to own a Kindle to use it. Choose from over a million Kindle books from the Kindle Store, including New York Times® best sellers and new releases. Amazon Whispersync technology automatically syncs your eBooks across apps, so you can start reading a book on your Windows Phone 8, and pick up where you left off on another device with the Kindle app installed.Tags: kindle, Windows PhoneApps