Nokia: Q4 Profit of $585 Million – 4.4 Million Windows Phones SoldJanuary 24, 2013 1 Comment
Nokia has announced its 2012 fourth quarter earnings today and it boasts good news for the Finnish company and the Windows Phone ecosystem. Nokia racked up $585.7 million of 4Q profit on $10.73 Billion revenue.
Fourth quarter 2012 highlights:
Nokia Group non-IFRS EPS in Q4 2012 was EUR 0.06; reported EPS was EUR 0.05.
- Nokia Group achieves underlying operating profitability, with Q4 non-IFRS operating margin of 7.9%.
- Nokia Group strengthened its net cash position by approximately EUR 800 million
- sequentially, of which approximately EUR 650 million was generated by Nokia Siemens Networks.
- Devices & Services Q4 non-IFRS operating margin improved quarter-on-quarter to 1.3%, due to an increase in gross margin as well as a decrease in operating expenses.
- Nokia Siemens Networks non-IFRS operating margin improved quarter-on-quarter and year-on-year to a 14.4% in Q4, the highest level of underlying operating profitability since its formation in April 2007, primarily due to an increase in gross margin.
I guess that the 4.4 Million Windows Phones that Nokia sold late last year really helped put the company back on the black.
Very good signs of things to come.