Nokia Drive+ (plus) Now Available for All Windows Phone 8 Devices (HTC, Samsung)January 23, 2013 2 Comments
The app and service may still be in Beta but, Nokia Drive+ (plus) is now available on all Windows Phone 8 devices.
Starting today, Microsoft and Nokia are making the beta of Nokia Drive+, the company’s turn-by-turn navigation app, available for free to all Windows Phone 8 customers in the United States, United Kingdom, and Canada.
As of now, the app is for users in the US, UK, and Canada.
- Full offline support for 89 countries across the world
- Turn-by-turn, voice guided navigation with spoken street names
- Local speed limit information with audible speed limit warnings
- 60+ different voice guidance packs available for FREE download
- Automatic Day/Night mode to provide you with optimum visibility
- Route settings such as avoiding toll roads, highways, and others
- 2D & 3D landmarks on map help you orient yourself during navigation
- Turns off GPS after the app is sent to background, except in guidance mode
- Get one-tap access to your current position and see the distance from your current position while exploring/panning the map
- Create, personalize and save your favorite places on your phone
- Advanced dashboard with your speed, distance covered, estimated time of arrival and the time left to your destination
- Pin your favorite destinations to the Start screen of your phone to create a Live Tile for one-tap access to directions and navigation
- Find out more about your Nokia Drive+ app at http://nokia.com/drive. Also check out our FREE Nokia Transit app and FREE Nokia Maps app.
So if you have an HTC or Samsung Windows Phone 8 device, no worries, you can still enjoy Nokia Drive.
A FREE offline, turn-by-turn voice guided navigation app for WP8 users in the US, UK and Canada that helps you to reach any destination safely and easily – even without a data connection for a real offline experience.