HelpBridge: Microsoft Launches App and Service for Emergencies on Windows PhoneJanuary 16, 2013 No Comments
Microsoft has launched a new Service for emergencies called HelpBridge. It is a really great idea and service, I only hope they work on the app as the UI needs alot of work.
What is HelpBridge?
HelpBridge is a mobile application that connects people with those they care about most in a time of disaster, facilitates donations to leading disaster relief organizations, and highlights relevant, local volunteer opportunities. The app is available on Windows Phone, Android and iOS platforms .
HelpBridge enables you to:
- Create and manage your emergency contact lists.
- Communicate quickly and easily via e-mail, SMS, and Facebook with those you care about most in times of disaster.
- Donate money or requested goods to the top organizations engaged in disaster relief work.
- Discover volunteer opportunities for relevant disaster relief efforts.
- Share your location with friends and family.
Free to Download
HelpBridge is a free mobile app that connects people to their loved ones and opportunities to help in a time of disaster. With just a few clicks, you can quickly send e-mails and texts to co-workers, family, or friends, and post an emergency message to your Facebook wall. All communications can also include your location, if you want. Or, if you’re in a position to help, you can donate money via text-to-give or PayPal, donate goods, or volunteer your time towards relief efforts.