750K Xbox 360′s Sold on Black Friday (Week)November 27, 2012 1 Comment
Xbox 360 has had a choke-hold on console sales for the past 2 years in the US. That doesn’t look like it will be changing soon as Microsoft announced that over the Black Friday week, they sold about 750,000 Xbox 360′s!
I just checked the internal data for our Black Friday numbers* and wanted to let you know that over the Holiday weekend:
- Xbox 360 sold more than 750,000 consoles in the U.S. alone –exceeding internal forecasts.
- Xbox LIVE Gold Subscription sales increased more than 50 percent compared to last year’s Black Friday week.
- We saw incredible activity on Xbox over the weekend. For example, on Sunday alone we had more than 14 million people on Xbox LIVE across the world, racking up more than 72 million hours of use in just one day.
- Compared to 2011, we’ve seen a 43 percent increase in U.S. entertainment application hours logged on Xbox LIVE during the week of Black Friday.
* Sunday, Nov. 18 – Friday, Nov. 23