Audible recieves Windows Phone 8 update feauting support for Voice CommandsNovember 11, 2012 No Comments
Audible version 1.4 is now in the Windows Phone Store marketplace and now supports the new Windows Phone 8 OS. This update takes full advantage of the new voice command implementations made possible by Microsoft’s TellMe services in the latest SDK. The feature is activated by holding down the start button, launching voice command and then saying Audible…”play [ book name]“ , “pause” and “my library” .
Along with the much requested feature, comes the ability to resize your live titles to the new widescreen title which will show more information about the current book playing on your start screen. For those new to the app, check out the app description below:
Audible.com, the internet’s premier provider of digital audiobooks and more, is now available for Windows Phone! This free app features the most comprehensive audiobook experience ever, including the ability to download from your Audible library, detailed listening stats, access to the Audible mobile store, and much more. Not an Audible member yet? We’ve included 8 excerpts from some of our favorite authors to get you started.
Audible for Windows Phone features the best audio book listening experience and more:
* Bookmarking, Sleep Mode, Button Free Mode, and Play as you Download
* Earn badges and track your personal listening habits
* Browse and discover 100,000+ digital audiobooks and more in the Audible mobile store; from best sellers to timeless classics, and everything between
* Connect to Facebook and Twitter to let your friends know what you’re listening to
* Get insider information about author events and more with the Audible Newsfeed
* The best listening experience for audio books
Download it now free here!Tags: audible, command, sdk, Tellme, update, voice, Windows Phone 8Apps, News