Hurricane Sandy: AT&T Offers Free Mobile Charging Stations in NYCNovember 3, 2012 1 Comment
This afternoon and looking into the weekend, AT&T is continuing to step up their relief efforts, especially in the areas in New York most affected by the storm.
- Manhattan’s Lower East Side is still-dark and hard-hit. Downtowners can
charge up at the Hamilton Fish playground on East Houston and Pitt Streets
- The second Manhattan location will be live at 413 Grand Street, at Clinton
- Rockaway Beach is one of the hardest hit areas in NYC, and AT&T’s first
charging station in Queens is live at Hammel Playground, 84th and Rockaway Beach
- Coney Islanders can charge up courtesy of AT&T at Surf Avenue
Playground, Surf Avenue and West 25th Street.
- In order to continue to deploy key AT&T assets where they are needed the
most a Cell On Light Truck or COLT – essentially a mobile base station that is a
crucial part of comprehensive disaster recovery – will be deployed to Staten
Island’s devastated South Beach, on Father Capadanno Boulevard, in order to
provide immediate wireless coverage to those most affected.
Tags: AT&T, Hurricane SandyNews