Developer: Updated Windows Phone Store Badge Now AvailableOctober 18, 2012 No Comments
Microsoft today unvieled the new Windows Phone Store logos for developers.
You can get them here in both colors and 3 different sizes.
Based on your feedback, we’ve refreshed the badge to not only be more flexible for your app marketing efforts, but to also better embody Windows Phone design principles:
- One Look: The first thing you’ll notice about the Windows Phone Store badge is its visual alignment with the Windows Store. Not only do the two stores share an icon, but the images have a similar look and feel, much as the platforms do.
- Two Colors: The new badge is available in two colors to provide increased flexibility in your app marketing content: a standard black and white image, and one in a classic Windows Phone blue accent color.
- Three Resolutions: We also are making the badge available in three sizes (125 x 40; 208 x 67; and 376 x 120) to give you the greatest flexibility in your print and online app marketing. Additionally, you can also resize the logo as needed, provided that the final image is at least 40 pixels high (0.56 inches or 14.11 mm).
- Global Applicability: What you won’t see with the new Windows Phone Store badge is a multitude of localized Download Now images, for all the different markets where Windows Phone apps are available. Instead, the new badge has the clean and simple shopping bag icon customers see in the Windows Phone Store and the Windows Store to indicate that your app is ready to purchase and download.
Using the download badge for your app
You can use the Windows Phone Store badge wherever you market your app, whether in print or online. Full usage guidelines are available on the Download Center along with the badges, but I want to highlight four general principles:
- The badge can only be used to promote an app that is published and currently available for download from the Windows Phone Store
- When you use the badge alongside badges for other app stores, the Windows Phone Store badge should be of equal or greater size than the other store badges/logos
- The blue accent is our preferred color of the two badge designs, but you are free to use either
- When used online, the badge image should link to your app on the Windows Phone Store, and the link should use the WindowsPhone.com Redirection Service