Windows 8 Hits RTM: Next Stop RetailAugust 1, 2012 1 Comment
Steven Sinofsky from Microsoft has just announced that Windows 8 has officially hit RTM. In a blog post at MSDN, he described hitting RTM has a milestone but that (like any other project) the work is never really done.
Also on the Windows 8 blog, the team posted a list of Milestone dates now that they have reached RTM.
- August 15th: Developers will be able to download the final version of Windows 8 via your MSDN subscriptions.
- August 15th: IT professionals testing Windows 8 in organizations will be able to access the final version of Windows 8 through your TechNet subscriptions.
- August 16th: Customers with existing Microsoft Software Assurance for Windows will be able to download Windows 8 Enterprise edition through the Volume License Service Center (VLSC), allowing you to test, pilot and begin adopting Windows 8 Enterprise within your organization.
- August 16th: Microsoft Partner Network members will have access to Windows 8.
- August 20th: Microsoft Action Pack Providers (MAPS) receive access to Windows 8.
- September 1st: Volume License customers without Software Assurance will be able to purchase Windows 8 through Microsoft Volume License Resellers.
Then obviously, October 26th is when Windows 8 becomes available to all.