How to Force Tango Update on Your DeviceJune 28, 2012 20 Comments
With the Tango update rolling out to different devices around the world, we thought we’d remind you of an old trick that seems to still be working to this day. If you know that your carrier is rolling out the Tango update for your specific device already, there is a simple trick you can do to force the update on your device.
The following has been working since NoDo was released ages ago.
- Start Zune
- Turn off Data connection and Wifi on the Phone
- Connect the Phone with the PC (USB)
- Start the update search in Zune
- About 3 seconds later, disconnect your PC from the internet (Turn WLAN off).
- Zune finds Mango-Update. Press OK.
- Connect to the internet again and install the update.
There you have it, this quick and easy trick will work if (and only if ) your carrier has already began rolling out the update.