Chickens Can’t Fly Update Coming Soon – New levels, Avatar awards, DLC, Multiplayer and More (Details & Images)May 24, 2012 5 Comments
Chickens Can’t Fly 1.1 is coming soom (hopefully early next week) to the Windows Phone Marketplace and it’s filled with goodies. Our friends at Amused Sloth sent us over a huge surprise this morning. We have here ALL the details for the update. The update to the game will not only add new levels but Avatar awards, DLC, Multiplayer and more!!!
Check it out!!!!
Dive deep underwater in this new laboratory, filled with new obstacles and power-ups. Over the course of 14 new experiments, you’ll have the chance to meet jellyfish, catch squids, get into the Batysphere or use the ‘Finger of Death’.
Finally, after all the waiting, you can now unlock Avatar Awards for your Xbox LIVE avatar.
- Get the Chicken Helmet by obtaining the Gold medal in 15 experiments. If you already have 15 gold medals, this will unlock when you first start the game.
- Get the Chicken Slippers by winning an Xbox LIVE Challenge against a friend.
Want to spice things up a bit? You can now change how you Chicken looks with the new Chicksie and Diver skins. More skins, such as Vampire, Alien and Knight are available as DLC
Do you want to see how you stack up against you friends? You can now challenge them to a game of Chickens Can’t Fly.
- Play in one of the three challenge types (Survival Challenge, Icecube Challenge and Time Attack Challenge)
- See the ‘ghost’ of the challenger
- Win challenges to rise in the Xbox LIVE Challenges Leaderboards
DLC: Dojo Mini-Lab
Get a new mini-laboratory, themed around ninjas! Play 10 new experiments and discover new obstacles and power-ups. You will also get the Ninja skin for the Chicken. Sadly, because of Xbox LIVE restrictions, we were unable to add extra Achievements for this DLC.
- Added rewards for finishing levels with more lives 10% bonus score for each life remaining at the end
- Per popular request, we added a new ringtone with the main theme song
- Re-balanced some difficult levels, and made them easier
- Reduced the requirements for Gold medals in some levels that were almost impossible to get (thanks Paul for the great suggestions on these)
- Fixed performance/framerate issues in some Butchery and Physics levels
- Made the ‘Hungry, hungry Chicken!’ achievement easier to get by humans
- Music doesn’t loop anymore between re-starts of the same level, so even if you die quickly, you’ll get to hear all of it
- Corrected translations (Thanks Mark, Luc, Vicente, Fabio)
- You can now change the language manually from the game, to any of the supported languages
- Streamlined the Trial and added a few ‘demo’ experiments from later laboratories
- Squashed a few little bugs
We reviewed the game soon after it launched and it looks like the game will be better than ever.
Free to try – $2.99 to buy
Here are a few new screenshots from the new update:Tags: Amused Sloth, Avatar Awards, Chickens, Chickens Can't Fly, Coming Soon, dlc, Games, Multiplayer, Review, Scientist, Xbox LiveFeatured, Games