How to: Transfer Apps, Contacts and More to New Windows PhoneApril 12, 2012 1 Comment
- Go to My Phone and sign in.
- Click your name, and then click Account.
- Click apps to Reinstall.
- You can also just use Reinstaller, its an app that will do all the hard work for you
- Contacts linked up to emails and the cloud will move over as soon as you sign in to them on your new phone.
- If your contacts are saved elsewhere—like on your PC or old phone’s SIM card? Take a look at this article for guidance.
- AT&T can also use AT&T Mobile Transfer.
- Contacts, email, and calendar appointments is a package deal on Windows Phone. So when you set up an Outlook, Windows Live, or Google account on your new phone, you can choose what info you want to show up.
Moving music, photos, and videos
- Just make sure you sync your media with Zune before the switch. You can than transfer all the music, pictures and videos to your new Windows Phone.
You can read more here
@zainpunjwani for the tip!