Vibrating Tattoo: Nokia Applies For Interesting Alert PatentMarch 21, 2012 4 Comments
Nokia has filed for a pretty crazy and interesting patent. A vibrating tattoo that is applied by via a stamp or some kind of spray with a “ferromagnetic” material. Once you get an alert on your device, the ‘tattoo’ vibrated to alert you.
Here is Nokia’s description of the “Vibrating Tattoo” via US Patent & Trademark Office:
- An apparatus comprising: a material attachable to skin, the material capable of detecting a magnetic field and transferring a perceivable stimulus to the skin, wherein the perceivable stimulus relates to the magnetic field
- The material is attached to skin using at least one of stamping a ferromagnetic pattern, spraying the ferromagnetic pattern, attaching adhesive tape comprising the ferromagnetic pattern, apply a decal comprising the ferromagnetic pattern, tattooing the ferromagnetic pattern and drawing the ferromagnetic pattern.
- The magnetic field may be initiated or generated by a source, which may be separate, remote, nearby or adjacent to the apparatus configured to detect the magnetic field.
- The perceivable stimulus may be any stimulus including but not limited to a vibration and/or impulse movement of the skin.
- The digital content comprising at least one of an indication of an alert of a message, indication of an incoming call, indication of a body part in proximity of the electronic device, indication of information displayed on the electronic device, indication of a launch of an application and indication of at least a portion of a displayed image.
This is something snatched up straight from the future and leave it to Nokia to own all the rights for it. This whole thing sounds crazy but I for one kind of like it.