wpDicom: Search, Receive, Display and Process Medical DICOM ImagesMarch 1, 2012 1 Comment
Need to Search, Receive, Display and Process Medical DICOM Images? Then take a look at wpDicom which takes care of all of that in one simple Windows Phone app.
Here are some of the apps features
- Easy to use DICOM image and header viewer.
- Supports DICOM network services (C-FIND SCU, C-GET SCU, C-STORE SCU, C-ECHO SCU, WORKLIST SCU, PRINT SCU) without the need of any other middleware.
- Compatible with all modalities (CT, MR, NM, US, XA, MG, CR etc.) and all manufacturers.
- Annotation texts that include patient name, examination date and description, image orientation and more.
- Hi quality interpolated image resizing.
- Gesture-driven level-window adjustment.
- Image histogram viewing.
- Modality worklist viewer.
- Distance measurement tool.
- Supports DICOM image uploading to remote DICOM nodes and Dropbox.
- Supports image uploading to Skydrive.
- Supports image printing in DICOM compatible film and paper printers.
THe app costs $4.99 but thankfully they have a free version that you can try out before you open your wallet.
wpDicom is an easy to use, powerful application that can query, receive, display and process medical DICOM images without the need of any middleware.
wpDicom is the essential complementary DICOM software, of a modern and up to date radiology laboratory. Even though a modern lab usually has all the appropriate tools to manage medical images from its modalities, physicians can come to a dead end when they need to receive and review images while being on the move.
wpDicom is essential not only to radiologists but to any specialist that receives patient images from collaborating labs in DICOM format in everyday practice.
Tags: DICOM, Windows Phone, WP7Apps