Zune & Windows Live Branding Killed Off in Windows 8February 24, 2012 3 Comments
It looks like Zune as a brand is no more as it has been taken off of Windows 8. Surprisingly enough, Windows Live did not make the cut either. Here is a list of what services are going to be looking like as 2012 rolls though.
- Microsoft Account (Windows Live ID)
- Mail (Windows Live Mail)
- Calendar (Windows Live Calendar)
- People (Windows Live Contacts)
- Photos (Windows Live Photo Gallery)
- Music (Zune Music Player)
- Video (Zune Video Player)
As long as the music service remains the same, I think at this point in time it would make sense to drop the branding and integrate all the services.
Zune fans aren’t going anywhere because we are already hooked on the service. This will only help get everyone else on board.
Read more at TheVerge