XBLIG Companion App Gets Huge Update (Join the Beta)February 22, 2012 No Comments
We featured a pretty cool project for an app recently that helps promote and uncover Xbox Live Indie Games for your Xbox 360. I just got news from the developers that even though it is still in beta, it has been updated with many new features.
- You can create secondary tiles
for new games and updated games.
- If there are new games, or
recently updated the count for the tile will be displayed.
- Main live tile will show count
for new games, and has a back tile for showing how many new, and how many
- You can tap/hold on any game,
and add it to a watch list. This is a special list that will show up on the
- As of right now, it is just a
nice list of games that you want to keep track of. I’m trying to figure out what
to do for tile notifications for them.
- Picks now open up to a page
that gives info about the specific pick list, along with twitter link and
- It pivots into the game list
that was there before.
- Developer pages should have
more information, like twitter, website, facebook, and youtube channel links.
This is a slow process because scraping it so far has been some what of a bust,
and needs to be manually checked. I have about 1/4 of the devs info that I could
find from scraper inserted.
- If you are a XBLIG dev and
would like a small bio (512 chars max) and/or any of the other data, let me
know, and I can add it to the db.
- Tapping on the box art will now
open the game view for that game.
- I moved the About view to a
button on the Appbar.
- I also removed the Settings,
Share, Rate, and Feedback from the About page, and moved them to the main
- I removed the Info view, it is
not needed now, imho.
The XBLIG Companion app can be grabbed from here: http://bit.ly/wyEaOL
Tags: Apps, developers, Games, Indie, Windows Phone, XBLIGApps