Chickens Can’t Fly: Game ReviewFebruary 17, 2012 1 Comment
I have been a fan of the developers Amused Sloth ever since we interviewed them ages ago. Back when they first launched the prequel Chickens Can Dream. If you check out the interview, you can even see artwork from when the game was just being conceptualized and no chickens were involved but you played as an alien. Sounds far fetched but its all true and thankfully one of the guys added a chicken as an Easter egg and it was all history from there.
Now Finally Chickens Can’t Fly has been released for Windows Phone and just as I imagined, the game does not disappoint! The game’s sense of humor, mixed in with great visuals and tight controls make this an instant classic as an Xbox Live game on the platform.
- Over 50 levels across five uniquely themed laboratories: Hatchery,Butchery, Cemetery, Military and Physics
- Tons of wacky obstacles, power-ups and power-downs! So watch where you’re falling!
- Earn Xbox LIVE achievements and climb your way up the Xbox LIVE Leaderboards
- Try your hand in the Survival Mode and the Global Weekly Challenge and see how you place in the global leaderboards
Chickens Can’t Fly is a must buy if you have a Windows Phone. There is over 50 levels of play, spread among 5 labs and a muliplayer hub.
- Hatchery: Tutorial
- Butchery: avoid cleavers and the butcher, eat sausages and live on the edge!
- Cemetery: witches are chasing you, zombies await you and Hypno Chicken hypnotizes you!
- Military: trenches are not place for a Chicken. So Chicken gets some nukes and levels everything around it!
- Physics: all manner of deadly electrical machinery await Chicken and it’s clone. But Chicken has EMP!
All you have to do is participate in all these crazy experiments as a falling chicken by tilting your phone – oh yeah, you have to survive them all as well. You get help along the way though with power-ups like crucifixes, speed boost, parachutes, etc. The game obviously gets more difficult along the way but it does a really nice job of not making the harder levels feel impossible.
Chickens Can’t Fly also does a great job of giving us a full list of Mango features to enjoy like instant resume, double sided live tile, in app pinning (you can pin the labs separtly onto your start screen), and free ringtones to choose from.
I have been playing nonstop since the game has been available and I am officially hooked. It is worth the $2.99 but like always a free trial is available. I give this game our highest rating and I hope that more Xbox Live games follow in the footsteps of ’Chickens Can’t Fly’.
Free to try – $2.99 to buy
Conduct experiments and answer questions such as: Is there life after the butcher? Are chickens afraid of ghosts? Does a frozen chicken get dizzy? Countless hours of fun await — fall down an experimental pit, avoid obstacles, use power-ups and power-downs, gather corn, and make it through to the end. Use the skills you learn to get a high score in Survival Mode and show off to your friends on the Xbox LIVE and global leaderboards.