Features of Windows Phone 8 Leaked!February 2, 2012 1 Comment
We here at WP7Connect are waiting impatiently for the release of Windows Phone 8, and now we have more to be impatient about as information is beginning to leak regarding the next generation of Windows Phone. Here is the details of the leak as summarized by WMPU.
- Hardware- Windows Phone 8 will support Multicore processors, Four screen resolutions (actual pixel counts weren’t specified), and removable microSD card storage. There will also be support for NFC as well.
- Platform- Windows Phone 8 will allow developers “reuse — by far — most of their code” from Windows 8 and vice versa in their apps. Also Microsoft is planning for richer version of ActiveSync as a replacement for Zune client.
- App Platform extension- Windows Phone 8 will support app-to-app communication, native Skype integration and allows camera app to be skinned by OEM’s. Windows Phone 8 will also add native code support.
- Data Management – Windows Phone 8 will feature DataSmart, which aims to reduce, and simplify the tracking of, data usage. The phone will automatically connect to Wi-Fi hotspots when available and Bing Local scout can display local hotspots in maps.
- Internet Explorer – Microsoft is planning for server side compression technique as used in Opera Mini, Kindle Fire Silk ,etc, .
- Enterprise Support- Windows Phone 8 will get native BitLocker encryption .
To further add fuel to the Windows Phone 8 fire, Paul Thurrott took to winsupersite with a post that confirms the leaks. I for one cannot wait to hear more.