Torchbear Gets Updated Again.. Now V1.4 – Easier to Pass TorchesJanuary 22, 2012 No Comments
Torchbear has been updated to Version 1.4. The new updated version makes the app now bigger and better as we are now able to exchange with atlest 3 of the nearest torches. That should allow the app to pick up alot of steam as now players that dont live so close by to others can still join in the fun .
Here is the full list of the new features and changes for V1.4
- HUGE GAME CHANGER: All players can now exchange with at least 3 of the nearest torches (no matter how far away)
- Included a Total Distance traveled by the player in the player summary screen.
- Players receive 1 point for unqique torch exchanges greater than 10 miles
- Maps are now auto zoomed to show all torch positions
- When you have moved to a new location it now displays how far away since your last update it is
- Added menu option to “tell a friend” about torchbear (sends them an email with the link to the app on the marketplace)
main bug fixes:
- when doing an instant exchange it doesn’t anymore popup a message saying your not the torch holde
- after an instant exchange returning to the main screen auto refreshes the screen
- clicking torch icon on a news item would take you to the player profile, now it takes you to the torch profile
- if trying to add a photo whilst your phone is plugged into your PC with Zune on we know display a message saying you need to unplug
- a few minor bug fixes
The app is free and available for download
Torchbear is a social location based game where players from all over the globe participate in the world’s BIGGEST RELAY RACE.
Similar to how the Olympic flame is passed from one person to another to spread the message of peace, unity and friendship Torchbear works in the same manner.
Each player gets to create a torch that has a specific purpose or goal before its passed on to start its journey around the world.
As the torch is passed from one player to the next other players get to contributes to the torch mission by posting comments, adding photos or by passing it on.
- Create a torch on your phone
- Give it a mission or goal
- Find another player near you and exchange torches
- Post pics or comment on each others torch then pass it onto someone else
- Track all posts made to your torch, see where its been and whose path its crossed.