How To Force Update 8107 (The Easy Way)January 21, 2012 5 Comments
Once again its update time which means some Windows Phone users can’t wait to get their hands on the newest build. A few weeks ago we posted a way to get the 8107 update before your carrier even began rolling it out but it was a difficualt process that I for one did not suggest most of you join in on.
The good thing is that now carriers are beginning to rollout the new update. For those of you that are under a carrier (or country for unlocked devices) that have begun the update process. You can easily force the update with the directions below:
- Start Zune
- Turn off Data connection and Wifi on the Phone
- Connect the Phone with the PC (USB)
- Start the update search in Zune
- About 3 seconds later, disconnect your PC from the internet (Turn WLAN off).
- Zune finds Mango-Update. Press OK.
- Connect to the internet again and install the update.
I personally haven’t tried the directions above as the US still has not recieved the update but it has been confirmed with a few users already. Plus these exact steps have worked perfectly ever since NoDo.
Enjoy and good luck!