Torchbear Gets Updated to V1.3 – Big Features AddedDecember 29, 2011 No Comments
Torchbear has been updated to Version 1.3. The new updated version signifies alot of growth for the app as it features things like ‘search for player’ and ‘auto exchanges’. The app is quite fun to just have on and see what torches people around you are carrying. Torchbear is a very unique twist to a social app.
Here is the full list of the new features and changes for V1.3
- Added Search for player and torches to the main page
- Added World News and Local News
- Added auto exchanges for pending torches longer than 3 days
- Added instant exchanges for players who have stopped playing
- Improved loading performance
- A few graphical improvements
- A few bug fixes
The app is free and available for download
Torchbear is a social location based game where players from all over the globe participate in the world’s BIGGEST RELAY RACE.
Similar to how the Olympic flame is passed from one person to another to spread the message of peace, unity and friendship Torchbear works in the same manner.
Each player gets to create a torch that has a specific purpose or goal before its passed on to start its journey around the world.
As the torch is passed from one player to the next other players get to contributes to the torch mission by posting comments, adding photos or by passing it on.
- Create a torch on your phone
- Give it a mission or goal
- Find another player near you and exchange torches
- Post pics or comment on each others torch then pass it onto someone else
- Track all posts made to your torch, see where its been and whose path its crossed.