Mango Apps: Nextgen Reader Updated to V2.3December 15, 2011 1 Comment
One of the most popular Google readers out there, Nextgen Reader has just recieved an update. The mango powered app now features the following:
** What’s New in v2.3 **
- New image caching feature ~ full offline mode (app settings -> synchronization).
- Article view with new edge swiping (optional).
- Also swipe using article title (header) at top.
- Read full or mobilized articles in same view.
- Current article position e.g. 7 of 50.
- System tray/clock now visible in article view.
- Fixed white flicker/rectangle when opening article.
- Many enhancements and bug fixes.
Free to Try – $1.99 to Buy
Last update: 9 Dec,11 (Ad-free trial + Mango)
NextGen Reader is your favorite Google Reader client for Windows Phone Mango.
** v2 WP 7.5 FEATURES **
o Now supports multiple live tiles and fast app switching!
o Pin your favorite feeds/folders to home screen.
o Share status using inbuilt phone accounts.
** ALL FEATURES **
o Full offline support with image caching.
o Select multiple items just like wp7 mail app.
o Completely secure – uses https and encryption.
o Metro UI + custom themes in application.
o Support for YouTube in articles.
o Send to InstaPaper and Read It Later.
o Post to twitter/facebook/windows live.
o Share articles with url shortner.
o Sync items as per choice – all or unread only.
o Choose default mobilizer – instapaper, google, readability.
o Lock your device during refresh.
o Toggle between “unread only” or “all items” mode using appbar:
- display all feeds or only unread feeds.
- display all articles or only unread articles.
o Auto hide articles/feeds/folder when marked as read.
o Sync only selected feed or folder.
** What’s New in v2.2 **
o Faster sync. (changes synced immediately)
o Huge bandwidth savings (up to 6-10x times)
o GR does not supports sharing and liking.
o Option to sort articles by oldest first.
o Mark above as read in list view.
o Haptic feedback. (vibrate when download completes)
o Display name of the folder when inside a category.
o Support for readability mobilizer.
Tags: Google Reader, nextgen reader, RSS, Windows Phone, WP7Apps