Mango Apps: Social Camera – Upload Your Own Videos to YoutubeNovember 9, 2011 No Comments
BC3 Technologies recently published their app called Social Camera. It is the first Windows Phone App that lets you upload your own videos to Youtube. It works pretty well from my few moments with the app. The developer also reassures us that more services like Skydrive and Flickr will be supported in the future. A few tweaks to this app would make it unstoppable like uploading in the background but being able to upload multiple files at a time kinda makes up for it.
Social Camera costs $1.99 on the Windows Phone Marketplace (Free Trial Available)
Social Camera is THE FIRST Windows Phone app that allows you to upload your OWN videos to Youtube! In the future we hope to add more services like Skydrive, Flickr, etc. If you have suggestions, comments, or criticisms, please contact us through the About page of the app.
– v1.1 update –
Connectivity change caused upload to fail
Shutter button doesn’t work if coming from Settings
Share button enabled when upload dialog prompt showing
TRIAL vs FULL
* In Trial, you can only copy the Youtube link to your clipboard for usage wherever you’d like to send it. With the full version, you can share the link along w/ your given title & description w/ any service you’ve connected to your Windows Phone (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc)!
* Trial has ads that show up over the top portion of viewfinder and playing media
HOW IT WORKS
* Launch Social Camera
* Set up your youtube account by going to Settings
* Use it as your video camera by tapping the viewfinder or using your camera button to start & stop recording
* Select the video you took, give it a title, description, and some keywords
* Click Upload
- NOTE: Since uploads can be large, they cannot be transferred in the background; you must leave Social Camera running in the foreground (or under lock screen) until all transfers (yup, you can upload more than one at a time!) complete. This is something we hope to address in a future version
* Share with friends via the share method to the social networks on your phone, or by copy/pasting the link in to an e-mail, text message, or messenger chat!
CAPABILITY REQUIREMENT JUSTIFICATIONS
* PhoneDialer – required as part of ad display (Questions can be sent to MS as to why that’s the case – we have no idea)
* User Identity – required as part of ad display
* Web Browser – required as part of ad display
* Media Lib – so we can show Social Cam in your Pictures and Music & Videos hubs
Tags: Apps, flickr, Skydrive, Social Camera, Upload, videos, Windows Phone, youtubeApps