Torchbear Gets Updated to V1.2November 3, 2011 No Comments
- Exchange distance has been increased
- Added support for Miles or Kilometres
- New Player Points system
- Torch Points now only work by number of followers
- New Leaderboards (World, Nearby, and Following)
- Ability to save and photo to your phone (including profile pics)
- Can now update your torch details after you created it
- Can now rotate profile pics
- Can now exchange torches with a person who has held the torch before
- lots of other small improvements and bug fixes
The app is free and available for download right now
Torchbear is a social location based game where players from all over the globe participate in the world’s BIGGEST RELAY RACE.
Similar to how the Olympic flame is passed from one person to another to spread the message of peace, unity and friendship Torchbear works in the same manner.
Each player gets to create a torch that has a specific purpose or goal before its passed on to start its journey around the world.
As the torch is passed from one player to the next other players get to contributes to the torch mission by posting comments, adding photos or by passing it on.
- Create a torch on your phone
- Give it a mission or goal
- Find another player near you and exchange torches
- Post pics or comment on each others torch then pass it onto someone else
- Track all posts made to your torch, see where its been and whose path its crossed.
Tags: Apps, Games, social, torch, torchbearApps